Deans' Advisory Council
The Deans’ Advisory Council is the primary volunteer advisory body for the College of Letters and Science, and is composed of civic, business, and education leaders drawn from the college’s alumni, donors, emeriti, and friends. The Council members support and advocate for the advancement of the College of Letters and Science at UC Davis, and specifically advise the deans on planning and implementing programs and initiatives.
Members of the Deans’ Advisory council serve as advocates, advisors, and ambassadors for the College of Letters and Science. Members agree to:
- Act as ambassadors for the college; learn about college strengths and challenges and share this information with the broader community.
- Review campaign priorities, assist with the refinement of featured objectives, and assisting in the creation of an overall case statement for the college.
- Help the college deans identify and recruit donor prospects. Review lists and help to introduce deans and college development staff to potential donors. As appropriate, members actively participate in the presentation of proposals for major philanthropic gifts.
- Support the College of Letters and Science deans by making a gift pledge to the college during the Leadership Phase of the campaign, at a level that will inspire others to be generous.
- Support the deans through annual membership in the Herbert A. Young Society or through equivalent annual support to a department or program in the college.